quinta-feira, janeiro 25, 2007

Evelyn Waugh, 25 de Janeiro de 1947, queixando-se de uma prematura operação ao hemorroidal

Embarked in the America full of cocaine, opium and brandy, feeble and low-spirited. One of the reasons for putting myself under the surgeon's knife was to wish to be absolutely well and free from ointments for Laura's American treat. All the reasons for the operation [for piles] appeared ineffective immediately afterwards. The pain was excruciating and the humiliations constant. The hospital was reasonable confortable and the nurses charming - the grace of God apparent everywhere. But I had ample time to reflect that I had undergone an operation, which others only endure after years of growing agony, when I had in fact suffered nothing worse than occasional discomfort. I took no advice, either from a physician of fellow sufferers, just went to the surgeon and ordered new shirts. In fact I had behaved wholly irrationally and was paying for it.


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer Who links to me? More blogs about http://paraladebagdade.blogspot.com.
Visited Countries
My Visited Countries

Get your own Visited Countries Map from Travel Blog