sexta-feira, janeiro 19, 2007

James Lees-Milne, 19 de Janeiro de 1976



This morning there arrived by post from Switzerland a Xerox sent by Ali Forbes of a letter written to him by Stephen Spender, abusing me. In it Stephen says he has always loathed the sight of me, and disliked my very appearance, which is that of a sinister undertaker who with his spade thrusts moribund, not yet dead corpses into the grave.That he sees my soul as a brown fungus upon a coffin, etc. That he has never spoken more then a dozen sentences to me in his life. Now this is pretty mischievous of Ali Forbes, I consider. I am affected by Stephen Spender's letter. No, not gravely, because I do not like him and know that what he writes is pretentious tripe, yet affected by the knowledge that there is someone alive who can write such disagreeable things about me.


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer Who links to me? More blogs about http://paraladebagdade.blogspot.com.
Visited Countries
My Visited Countries

Get your own Visited Countries Map from Travel Blog