quarta-feira, novembro 10, 2004

Uma Homenagem às Donas de Casa




Um dos últimos livros que li foi The Pursuit of Love da Nancy Mitford (de aqui já falámos). O livro tem trechos absolutamente irresistiveis. Um dos quais transcrevo aqui (em que a personagem principal confessa a sua completa incompetência para as lides domésticas):

"But oh how dreadful it is cooking, I mean. That oven - Christian puts things in and says: «Now you take it out in about half an hour». I don't dare tell him how terrified I am, and at the end of half an hour I summon up all my courage and open the oven, and there is that awful hot blast hitting one in the face. I don't wonder why people put their faces in and leave them in out of sheer misery. Oh dear, and I wish you could have seen the Hoover running away with me, it suddenly took the bit between its teeth and made for the lift shaft (...). I think housework is far more tiring and frightening than hunting, and yet after hunting we had eggs for tea, and were made to rest for hours, but after housework people expect one to go on just as if nothing special had gone on. She sighed."



referer referrer referers referrers http_referer Who links to me? More blogs about http://paraladebagdade.blogspot.com.
Visited Countries
My Visited Countries

Get your own Visited Countries Map from Travel Blog