quarta-feira, outubro 20, 2004

SELF PORTRAIT

I lived between my heart and my head,
like a married couple who couldn't get along.

I lived between my left harm, which is swift
and sinister, and my right, which is righteous.

I lived between a laugh and a scowl,
and voted against myself, a two-party system.

My left shoulder was like a stripper on vacation,
my right stood up like a Roman soldier.

Let's just say that my left side was the organ
donor and leave private parts alone,

but as for eyes, which are two shades
of brown, well Dionysius meet Apollo

Look at Eve raising her left eyebrow
while Adam puts his right foot down.

No one expected it to survive,
but divorce seemed out of the question.

I suppose my left hand and my right hand
will be clasped over my chest in the coffin

and I'll be reconciled at last,
I'll be whole again.

Edward Hirsh


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer Who links to me? More blogs about http://paraladebagdade.blogspot.com.
Visited Countries
My Visited Countries

Get your own Visited Countries Map from Travel Blog