quarta-feira, outubro 18, 2006

Duff Cooper



No Mundo pouco parece ter mudado, a não ser a qualidade dos protagonistas e o credo do terror.

Sunday November 26 1944

Antoher beautiful morning and after church I escaped work for an hour by going for walk in the Champs Elysées. It was rather cold, but beautiful bright sunshine, and I looked in at the Travellers' and Jockey Club and had a glass of champagne at both.

A most immediate telegram arrived this morning from london saying that they are worried because the cruiser Emile Bertin is visiting Beirut, which they think may cause complications at a time when the situation in the East is strained as a result of the murder of Lord Moyne. I telegraphed back to London saying I could not see the connection between the murder of an English Minister in Cairo by Jewish terrorists and the visit of a French ship to Syria (...).

De Bag


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer Who links to me? More blogs about http://paraladebagdade.blogspot.com.
Visited Countries
My Visited Countries

Get your own Visited Countries Map from Travel Blog